On 1 August 2017, the 2G Network will close in NSW, QLD, VIC, SA & TAS.
From this date, all our 2G Postpaid customers with a 2G Device and who live in these areas will no longer have service.
If you have a 3G Single Band device your network coverage may be substantially impacted once the network closes.
On 3 April 2017 the 2G Network was shut down in WA & NT.
Please use the above IMEI checker to find out if you use a 3G Single Band or 2G device.
- You will not be able to use data or send/receive calls & texts.
- Voicemail will be unavailable, meaning callers will not be able to leave a voicemail message for you and you will not be able to retrieve any new or saved messages.
- You will not be able to reset your PIN to access My Account until you get a compatible 3G Dual band or 4G device.
- If you use a 3G Single Band device, network coverage across Australia may be substantially impacted once the network closes. Please use the above IMEI checker to find out if you use a 3G Single Band or 2G device.
What do I need to do next?
You will need to upgrade to a 3G Dual Band or 4G device as soon as possible prior to the 1 August 2017 shutdown.
You have 31 days after the shutdown date of 1 August to upgrade your device. If you have not upgraded your 2G device before 1 September 2017, we will cancel your service. This means you will lose your mobile number and any saved voice messages.
You will then receive a bill for any outstanding charges remaining on your account that were incurred before 1 August 2017.
I've upgraded my device, what's next?
If you upgrade your device between 1 August and 1 September 2017, you will need to contact us to reactivate your service and then you can use your service as you normally would.
What charges will I receive?
- If you are no longer in contract and have not upgraded your device by 1 August 2017, no charges will be applied from 1 August 2017, unless you start using your service with an upgraded device by 5 September 2017.
- If you are still in contract and have not yet upgraded your device by 1 August 2017 please contact us as some charges may apply.