On 3 April 2017, the 2G Network will close in WA and NT.
From this date, for all our 2G Postpaid customers with a 2G Device and who live in WA & NT your service will stop working.
- You will not be able to use data or send/receive calls & texts.
- Voicemail will be unavailable, meaning callers will not be able to leave a voicemail message for you and you will not be able to retrieve any new or saved messages.
- You will not be able to reset your PIN to access My Account until you get a compatible 3G Dual band or 4G device.
- If you use a 3G Single Band device, network coverage in WA & NT may be substantially impacted once the network closes. Please use the above IMEI checker to find out if you use a 3G Single Band device.
What do I need to do next?
If you haven’t already, you will need to upgrade to a 3G Dual Band or 4G device within the next 30 days.
If after 30 days you have not upgraded your device, on 3 May we will cancel your service. This means you will lose your mobile number and any saved voice messages.
You will then receive a bill for any outstanding charges remaining on your account that were incurred before 3 April.
I’ve upgraded my device, what’s next?
If you upgrade your device before 3 May, you will need to contact us to reactivate your service and then you can use your service as you normally would.
What charges will I receive?
- If you are no longer in contract and have not upgraded your device by 3 April, no charges will be applied from 3 April, unless you start using your service with an upgraded device by 3 May 2017.
- If you are still in contract and have not yet upgraded your device by 3 April please contact us as some charges may apply.