How do I make international calls?
Everything you need to know about calling internationally.
International Call Rates
Virgin Mobile provides competitive International Call Rates which you can find here. Just select the country you want to call and the plan that you are on and the call rates will be displayed.
How to make international calls
- Dial '+' or the international access code '00'
- Enter the country code for the country you are calling
- Enter the number including the area code (if the number begins with a 0 then remove it).
How to send international SMS
- Dial '+'
- Enter the country code for the country you are sending the SMS to
- Enter the mobile number minus the 0 at the front
By default, calls and SMS to the below countries are barred from all Virgin Mobile services.
- Burma / Myanmar
- Cuba (incl. Guantanamo Bay)
- Diego Garcia
- North Korea
- Thuraya Satellite Services
Calling barred countries
To request for this restriction to be lifted on any of the above countries or services, we ask for the following:
- If you demonstrate 3 months of good billing history then we can lift the restrictions or
- You could send us 3 recent and paid telco bills (with calls made to the country you are requesting access to) or
- You could opt to pay a $250.00 non-refundable surety deposit. This payment will go towards your following invoice.
Along with one of the above 3 options, we ask that you contact us with the countries you'd like to unbar and your Virgin Mobile account or service number.
Please send us 100 points of ID and a brief letter with the countries you'd like to unbar and your Virgin Mobile account or service number.
To securely upload your documents, click here and select Credit Check
When uploading your documents, please ensure they have been saved as a GIF; JPEG or PDF file that does not exceed 5MB. The information provided must be valid and clearly visible. Remember, if you can’t read the ID, neither can we.
Our Finance Team will assess your application and get back to you within 2 to 5 Business Days.