How do I set up voicemail?
Virgin Mobile offers free voicemail (to recieve and retrieve) in Australia. Here's everything you need to know about using it.
Switching on Voicemail
- Dial 212 into your Virgin Mobile phone and press ‘Call’ or ‘Send’
- Press 1 to Activate Voicemail.
- Listen to the Welcome Message and hang up when it’s done.
- Within the hour you should receive the following TEXT message:
"Congrats! Your VMAIL Box has been activated! Free call 212 from your Virgin Mobile to record a Personal Greeting... Enjoy!"
- Dial 212 again to record your Personal Greeting.
Changing Your Voicemail Greeting
- Take a minute to come up with the funniest, craziest and/or awesomest greeting you can.
- Call Voicemail by dialing “212” from you Virgin Mobile phone
- Press 8 for User Options
- Press 2 to setup name greeting or press 4 to setup your personal welcome message.
- Press 4 again to (re)record your welcome message.
From your phone: Call 212 from your phone to access your messages.
From Another Phone: Calling voicemail from a non-Virgin Mobile number will incur the same charges as a regular mobile call
- Dial 0411 000 212.
- Dial 2 to retrieve your messages.
- Enter your Virgin Mobile phone number.
- Enter your voicemail PIN.
- Follow the prompts as in a normal voicemail call to listen to your messages.
Extending Ring Time Before Diverting To Voicemail
It's simple to set how long you want your phone to ring before the call is directed to your voicemail inbox:
- Dial **61*212**
- Dial the number of seconds you want the phone to ring before call is diverted (up to a maximum of 30 seconds). For example, if you want it to ring for fifteen seconds, then dial '15'
- Press #
- You should see the following number on your screen: **61*212**XX# - Replacing XX with the amount of time in seconds you want before voicemail picks the call up.
- Press 'Send', 'Call' or 'OK'
Cancel or disable Voicemail
Simply dial #002# on your phone and hit the 'Call' or 'Send' button. Voicemail will be disabled automatically.
Set Up Voicemail Diversions
You can choose what kind of incoming calls you want to be diverted to VMail, simply by dialling the correct code from your handset and hitting 'Send' or 'Call':
- Divert if NOT Answered: *61*212**30# (VMail will pick up after 30 seconds)
- Divert if Engaged: *67*212#
- Divert if Switched Off / Out of Range: *62*212#
- Divert Immediately: **21*212# (phone will not ring)
- Activate ALL Diversions: **004*212#
- Cancel ALL Diversions: #002#
- Maximum Voicemail greeting length: 180 seconds
- Maximum number of messages in mailbox: 25
- Maximum total length of all voicemails: 999 seconds
- Guest voice message Limit: 180 seconds
- Unplayed message retention: 14 days
- Un-Saved Message retention: 7 days
- Saved message retention: 10 days
- Press 7 twice - To listen to your voicemails back to back
- Press * to rewind the message 8 seconds
- Press ** or 7 to hear the Voicemail again
- Press *** to replay the last Voicemail
- Press # to go fast forward 8 seconds
- Press # # to skip to the end of the Voicemail
- Press 1 to pause the message Press 0 for help