How do I transfer my mobile number to another carrier?
Here are some important things to consider before you transfer your Virgin Mobile number to another carrier.
Before you request the transfer
- Do not cancel your Virgin Mobile service, it needs to be active for the transfer to happen
- Transfers can take up to 5 business days (but usually takes around 3 hours).
- Once the transfer to your new carrier has completed, your Virgin Mobile service will automatically be cancelled.
- We do not charge a porting fee for transfers in or out, but your new provider might.
- You will still receive a final invoice with pro-rata charges and a phone payout if you are still under contract.
- Prepaid services: Once your service has ported (transferred) to the new carrier you will lose any remaining credit.
Details you will need to provide to your new carrier
To request the transfer of your number to a different carrier, they will need the following details;
- Your name and date of birth (your details must match on both accounts)
- The mobile number you wish to keep
- The carrier you are transferring from
- Your account number with your previous carrier if you were Postpaid
How to transfer your number to another carrier
Simply connect a service with the Provider of your choice and let them know you wish to take your existing number from Virgin Mobile. They will do the rest.